2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
A. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, we collect Personal Information such as your name, email address, patient’s name, browser information, birth date, zip code and location. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us and you are under 13, we will only retain this information if a parent has given us consent to do so. At any time parents may request deletion of such information by contacting us at email@example.com. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features. We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you cannot be individually identified, and provide that information to our partners.
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you or your child provides in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your or your child’s personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We display a user profile which includes profile picture, name and member since date. To remove personal information from a profile, please go to account settings and delete or reset fields.
B. Information Collected Automatically:
1. Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, “cookie” information, and the page you requested. We store this information in log files and do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
3. We employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
4. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs.
6. When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website, the length of stay on the Website, the types of pages visited and other general information), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often users use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners; our partners may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
7. When you download and use our Services, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operations system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”). We do not ask for, access or track any location based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our Mobile Apps or Services.
C. E-mail and Other Communications:
We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Website. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please contact us at email@example.com. We send push notifications about new webinars, announcements, forum posts, and to encourage engagement. If you no longer with to receive such communications, you may turn them off at the device level. Please note that if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Website, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for changes. We may use your child’s personal information to retarget ads to you or your child on other sites. To opt out of this type of retargeting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not retarget ads to your child without your prior consent to do so.
3. WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We share your Personal Information in personally identifiable form with third parties as described below. Parents have the right to consent to our collection and use of Personal Information collected from their child, without having to also consent for its disclosure to third parties as we do not share this type of personal information with third parties.
A. Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. Treehouse works with workforce investment boards or other government agencies to provide job training. If you are participating in one of those programs (for example our Code USA initiatives), we may share some of your personally identifiable information and learning activity with our partners and their affiliated workforce retraining centers. This is a requirement from our partners.
B. Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf, such as our payment processor or hosting provider, and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
C. Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
D. Protection of Company and Others: We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
E. With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number, on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. Transmission of information via the Internet can never be completely secure, and all such transmission is at your risk.
5. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you have provided to us:
1. name and password;
2. email address;
3. location; and
4. user preferences.
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request to access personal information on file with us within 30 days.
Parents have the right to review personal information collected from their child, have that personal information deleted or refuse further collection and use of personal information by logging into their child’s account and selecting account settings or by emailing us at the email address listed above.
6. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained in Section 5 above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some information may remain in our private records after your deletion of such information from your account.
If we make material changes to how we use Personal Information collected from children under age 13, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s Personal Information.
8. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com or to our address below. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: July 1, 2017