EHR DATA ARCHIVAL
Triyam helps healthcare organizations archive their historical patient data from the legacy EHR and decommission the old systems. This helps facilities to stay compliant and saves money as they need not maintain multiple EHRs.
When a hospital transitions to a new Electronic Health Record (EHR), Triyam does legacy data archiving by extracting the old data from the legacy EHR system and converts it to a vendor neutral format, uploads to Triyam’s SaaS product ‘Fovea EHR Archive‘.
There are several benefits of adopting a cloud-based archive as a part of your healthcare data archiving strategy. The benefits range from improved patient care and workflow efficiency, and enriched business revenue, to improved revenue cycle management, security, and compliance, among others.
What is EHR Data Archival?
EHR Data Archival is the process of moving inactive records from legacy systems containing key-sequenced data sets to a long-term storage system. It is an important aspect of a long-term data retention strategy for healthcare organizations. The archived data is usually stored in an appropriate system, where it can be easily searched and accessed readily, whenever required by healthcare providers and other services.
According to the latest analysis by Emergen Research, the Global Health Data Archiving Market size is expected to reach USD 9.28 Billion in 2028 and register a steady revenue CAGR of 14.1% between 2021 and 2028!
When should an Organization Archive its Legacy data?
Every healthcare organization would require a data archival strategy. Multiple factors determine when an organization should consider archiving its data.
Some of them include:
- Increased costs associated with the maintenance of legacy systems
- Lack of a data management strategy with no interoperability between systems
- No proper data lifecycle management
- Transitioning to a new EHR that may end up with incomplete conversion and migration of data, which in turn would lead to the retention of legacy systems at additional costs
- Time-consuming operational workflow
- Not meeting statutory retention requirements
- Obsolete technology and networks that result in increased security threats and data breaches
- Decreased cyber-resilience
- Lack of data accessibility
- Lack of data integrity
- Lack of scalability
- No analytics or business intelligence feature
- Additional legacy system support costs
Why Archive your Historical data? What data can be Archived?
Why Archival is a better option than Migration?
If the healthcare organization decides to convert and migrate its historical data into the new system, the go-forward system might not be completely compatible with the data format of the data in legacy systems. This could require the retention of some of the legacy systems with incompatible data at additional costs, which is not a feasible solution for many organizations.
Additionally, data migration as a project is complex and time-consuming, compared to data archival due to data silos, data gravity, and incomplete or inconsistent data.
By migrating some data to the new EHR and archiving the rest of the legacy data from multiple systems to the new system or to a cloud-based archive, the challenges associated with migration can be overcome. If the historic data is archived to a SaaS archival solution, the archive can be integrated with the new system for quick access to both historical and operational data.
How does it help your Organization?
EHR Legacy Data Archiving can be the one-stop solution for all your organization’s healthcare data management needs. EMR Legacy Data Archiving can help in decommissioning legacy systems, moving data into a single platform or an archive, improving cybersecurity, and ensuring compliance with record retention mandates.
There are several benefits of adopting a cloud-based archive as a part of your healthcare data archiving strategy. The benefits include improved patient care, workflow efficiency, enriched business revenue, improved revenue cycle management, security and compliance, amongst others.
Here are some of the reasons an archival solution can be a game-changer for your business:
- Eliminate maintenance and application costs of legacy systems
- Decrease hardware and software costs
- Decrease storage costs due to architecture-efficient storage
- Decrease future additional data costs due to scalability
- Reduce training costs
- Eliminate the risk of penalties by being 100% HIPAA, SOC2 compliant
- Easy Data Management and Operational Workflow
- Store all types of data
- Allow easy retrieval and search of legacy data for release of information purposes
- Provide visibility of information in a single location
- Allow for Single Sign-On from the new system
- Improve data access
- Support HPC Workflow
- Require fewer resources to manage data
- Increase operational efficiency
- Provide valuable prediction insights using business analytics
- Available on-premise and cloud
- Improved Security
- Improve data security with new technology
- Decrease the risk of a data breach or data loss
- Provide complete backup and recovery
- Use Audit logs and trails to track user history and provides audit reports
- Allow for Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Always Encrypted
- Improved Care
- Support superior patient care
- Enrich continuity of care
- Decrease chances of staff burnout
- Return on Investment
- Provide ROI within two years by eliminating application and maintenance costs
- Soft ROI allows the reallocation of internal resources that were maintaining the prior system(s)
- Optimize workflow to consolidate multiple sources of data
- Meets Statutory Requirements
- Complies with federal retention laws such as HIPAA, HITECH, CMS, and Cures Act, amongst others
- Complies with state retention laws
- Complies with the organization’s data retention policy
Interested in Triyam’s data archival solution for your organization?
Reach out to our team at Info@triyam.com or give us a call at 855-663-2684.