Most large healthcare systems have multiple legacy systems across many sites, with large amounts and types of data. However, due to the lack of interoperability between the legacy EHRs, the staff may find themselves confronted with challenges such as:
- Searching records in various historical systems – especially due to the inconsistent data in the multiple systems.
- Remembering the passwords and menu configuration for multiple systems.
- Accessing and processing the data while maintaining the current operational data in the new systems.
These challenges contribute to staff burnout and may cause negative consequences for patient care, and destruct operational workflows.
Even if the healthcare system decides to address such challenges by converting and migrating their historical data into the new system, the go-forward system might not be completely compatible with the data format of the data in legacy systems and cause other challenges. This could require the retention of some of the legacy systems with incompatible data at additional costs.
Also, the healthcare system must ensure that its healthcare data is retained in compliance with HIPAA and other legal requirements.
- Federal laws such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), require that any records associated with HIPAA be retained for a minimum of six years starting from when the HIPAA-compliant policies were first implemented.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services cites 42 Codes of Federal Regulations (CFR) to establish the minimum of a 7-year retention period for medical records following the Date of Service (DoS).
- Each state in the US also has its own set of retention laws to be followed by healthcare facilities. Such state laws usually mandate that legacy data be retained between the duration of five to twenty-five or more years, depending on the state the organization is in, and the patient’s age.
Triyam helps healthcare system extract, convert, and migrate some data to the new EHR or archive their legacy data from multiple systems to the new system or to Triyam’s recommended archival solution, ‘Fovea EHR Archive.’ If the historic data is archived to Fovea, the archive can be integrated with the new system for quick access to both historical and operational data.
- Fovea can be the one-stop solution for all the problems faced by the healthcare system.
- Data from multiple systems can be archived into Fovea, thus providing a single unified platform and excellent interoperability for accessing historical data.
- As our solution is vendor-agnostic, any type of data can be archived in it. This eliminates the maintenance of legacy systems, which can then be decommissioned, resulting in significant cost savings for the healthcare system.
- The SaaS model supports creating statistical reports, dashboards, and graphical analysis tools, with the ability to drill down into the data. This feature would help the healthcare system improve population and public health through more advanced reporting and disease surveillance.
- Fovea is HIPAA-compliant and SOC2-certified, and helps retain data as per statutory retention requirements.
- Fovea has extensive capability to connect to external systems via API interfaces; whether it is connecting to the new EHR or for Single Sign-On.
The Single Sign-On (SSO) feature in Fovea can help the healthcare system staff reduce time on their EHRs, as the functionality provides them with the ability to acquire historical data from multiple systems instantly by simply logging into Fovea from their current EHR. This makes a very easy Release of Information and downloading workflow for the users. Thus, through SSO, the organization’s staff can save time searching through multiple EHRs and enjoy the seamless interoperability between the go-forward EHR, Fovea, and legacy systems, thereby improving patient continuity of care.
As Fovea is a cloud-based solution, it allows healthcare systems to securely access data anytime and anywhere on a PC, iPad, or mobile device and share information with other healthcare providers, patients, insurance companies, regulators, and auditors as needed.
Related: About Fovea EHR Archive
How Triyam helps Healthcare Systems
Triyam has provided such data management solutions for various healthcare systems, healthcare networks, regional hospitals, Integrated Delivery Networks (IDN), Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), and many others. Choosing Triyam’s team of experts as your partner provides the extensive experience needed to help your healthcare system meet its data management requirements.
Our team performs data extraction, conversion, migration and archival, based on retention guidelines and organizational needs, with collaboration with the facility at every step of the project. We ensure that our customer’s data is managed in a way that provides their healthcare system with a higher return on investment, improves their workflow, and helps them manage their data in the long run with an optimal data management strategy.
Interested in Triyam’s data management solution for your healthcare system?
Reach out to our team at Info@triyam.com or give us a call at 855-663-2684.