Most physician practices have multiple EHRs that the physicians spend quality time on for patient care. According to a study published in the Annals of Internal Medicine – Physicians spent an average of 16 minutes and 14 seconds per encounter using EHRs, with chart review (33%), documentation (24%) and ordering (17%) functions, accounting for most of their time.
This may not seem like a major problem until the physician is confronted with various challenges pertaining to legacy systems such as:
- Searching records in various systems – especially due to the inconsistent data in the multiple legacy systems.
- Remembering the passwords and menu configuration for multiple systems.
- Accessing and processing the data while maintaining the current operational data in the new systems.
These challenges can all in turn contribute to physician burnout, cause negative consequences for patient care and destruct operational workflows.
Even if the practice decides to address such challenges by converting and migrating their historical data into the new system, the go-forward system might not be completely compatible with the data format of the data in legacy systems and cause other challenges. This could require the retention of some of the legacy systems with incompatible data at additional costs. Also, the practice must ensure that their healthcare data is retained in compliance with HIPAA and other legal and statutory requirements.
Triyam helps physician practices extract, convert, and migrate some data to the new EHR or archive their legacy data from multiple systems to the new system or to Triyam’s recommended archival solution, ‘Fovea EHR Archive ®.’ If the historic data is archived to Fovea, the archive can be integrated with the new system for quick access to both historical and operational data.
Fovea can be the one-stop solution for all the problems faced by the physician practice.
- Data from multiple systems can be archived into Fovea.
- As a vendor-agnostic solution, any type of data can be archived in it. This eliminates the maintenance of legacy systems, which can then be decommissioned, thus helping the practice save costs.
- It supports creating statistical reports, dashboards, and graphical analysis tools with the ability to drill down into the data.
- Fovea is HIPAA-compliant and SOC2-certified, and helps retain data as per statutory retention requirements.
- Fovea has extensive capability to connect to external systems via API interfaces; whether it is connecting to the new EHR/ERP or for Single Sign-On.
The Single Sign-On (SSO) feature in Fovea can help physicians reduce time on their EHRs, as the functionality provides them with the ability to acquire historical data from multiple systems instantly by simply logging into Fovea from their current EHR. This makes a very easy Release of Information and downloading workflow for the users. Thus, through SSO, the physician can save time searching through multiple EHRs and enjoy the seamless interoperability between the go-forward EHR, Fovea, and the legacy systems, thereby improving patient continuity of care.
As Fovea is a cloud-based solution, it allows practices to securely access data anytime and anywhere on a PC, iPad, or mobile device and share information with other healthcare providers, patients, insurance companies, regulators, and auditors as needed.
Related: About Fovea EHR Archive
How Triyam helps Physician Practices
Triyam has provided such data management solutions for various single-physician offices,
multiple-physician practices, specialty clinics, healthcare labs, and many others. Choosing Triyam’s team of experts as your practice’s partner ensures the extensive experience needed to help your practice meet its data management requirements.
Our team performs data extraction, conversion, migration and archival, based on retention guidelines and organizational needs, with collaboration with the facility at every step of the project. We ensure that our customer’s data is managed in a way that provides their practice with a higher return on investment, improves their workflow, and helps them manage their data in the long run with an optimal data management strategy.
Interested in Triyam’s data management solution for your physician practice?
Reach out to our team at Info@triyam.com or give us a call at 855-663-2684.